Naomi Shaw is a stay-at-home mom in Southern California. After being a stay-at-home mom for seven years she works full-time as a freelance writer. She enjoys blogging about mommy tips and DIY crafts providing insight, advice and more! She hopes you enjoy this article.
There is no doubt that babies are the sweetest little blessings. Their toothless smiles and their sweet coos are enough to make even the hardest of hearts melt.
There is no denying that babies are wonderful little beings; however, if you have recently become a parent, you are probably quickly learning just how expensive and messy these little beings can be!
The cost of formula, clothing,toys, diapers, wipes and everything else that this wee one needs really adds up– and quickly.
Fortunately, there is a way that you can reduce some of these expenses: By making your own baby supplies.Believe it or not, one of the easiest supplies that you can make on your own is baby wipes.
Making your own wipes for baby not only helps to reduce some financial strain, but it is also a lot better for your baby’s skin. Just take a look at the ingredients on those manufactured wipes and you will be running to grab the ingredients and start making your own homemade wipes.
With ingredients like citric acid, bezyl alcohol, Disodium EDTA and a bunch of other additives that you can’t pronounce the name of, you have to wonder just how safe those manufactured wipes are!
Stop throwing your hard-earned cash in the trash and stop putting your baby’s health in jeopardy and start making your own homemade wipes.
With this simple recipe, you can make wipes that are more cost effective and better for baby’s skin.
Recipe for Homemade Baby Wipes
To make your own wipes for baby at home, you will need:
· A roll of heavy duty paper towels
· A container to hold the wipes(just empty out one of the containers from those manufactured wipes that you bought, or an cleaned out plastic ice cream container will work well, too).
· 1 ¾ cups of boiled water, which should be cooled down, but still a bit warm.
· 1 tablespoon of pure aloe vera
· 1 tablespoon of pure Witch Hazel extract
· 2 tablespoons of Liquid Castille Soap
· 10 drops of Grapefruit Seed Extract. Alternatively, you can use 2 capsules of Vitamin E
· 1 tablespoon of olive oil
· You can also add a few drops of essential oils, such as lavender
Instructions for Making Your Homemade Baby Wipes
Once you have the ingredients on hand, making the wipes is simple. Follow these easy steps:
· Start by cutting the roll of paper towels in half
· Remove the paper towels from the roll, one by one. Fold each towel into an accordion-type fold (like those manufactured wipes are folded in the container).
· Arrange the folded paper towels in a pile and place them inside the container.
· Combine the water, witch hazel, castile soap, aloe and either grapefruit seed extract or Vitamin E in a bowl. Stir.
· Add the essential oils to the mixture.
· Pour the mixture over the power towels and allow it to soak in. Allow it to sit for about 5 minutes and then flip the container to make sure that the mixture is fully absorbed into the towels.
That’s it! Once you follow these steps, your homemade baby wipes will be ready for use. Your baby will have smoother, healthier skin – and you’ll have more cash in your pocket!